Free drum lessons are provided by Jim McCall and Ultimate Drumming. The free drum lessons provided below are designed as samples of the interactive experience you will find by signing up for our Online Drum Lessons. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced drummer, you will find Jim’s lessons to be challenging, fun and rewarding. We are adding to the Online Drum Lessons library all the time so continue to check in with us.
Free Drum Lesson Instructions:
1. Memorize the key and say the letters out loud when playing. X O L X O L W L. You will use this same key for later variations.
2. Play slowly at first and only increase speed after becoming familiar with the pattern while maintaining strict tempo.
3. Learn the hands only before trying to add the foot.
4. Add the bass drum on beats 1 and 3 and become comfortable with the pattern before adding the optional bass drum on beat 4.
5. Add bass drum on beat 4 and explore different tempos.
6. Add hi-hat on beats 2 and 4.
7. Add hi-hat on beats 1, 2, 3 and 4.
8. Memorize Clave pattern and play with foot on hi-hat or cowbell pedal.
9. Add foot Clave pattern to the rest of the X O L pattern.
10. Impress everyone with your dexterity, rhythmic skill and music knowledge!
Free Latin Drum Lessons
Take advantage of Ultimate Drummings Free Latin Drum Lessons. In these lessons we explore both traditional and contemporary latin rhythms.
Free Jazz Drum Lessons
Advance your jazz drum chops with Ultimate Drummings Free Jazz Drum Lessons. Learn the basics of beginning and advanced jazz rhythms, independent coordination and expand your jazz phrasing and music comprehension.
Free Rock Drum Lessons
Take advantage of Ultimate Drummings Free Rock Drum Lessons. In these lessons we discuss Bosa Nova rhythms and technique.
Free Country Drum Lessons
Take advantage of Ultimate Drummings Free Country Drum Lessons. Expand your drum technique regarding the style of Country music with Ultimate Drumming.
Tips For Beginner Drummers
For inspired beginner drummers, Ultimate Drumming encourages our students to learn the necessary techniques and habit forming qualities of a professional drummer. The commitment and dedication required will be fulfilling for someone wanting to advance their drum technique. Here at Ultimate Drumming we have designed a beginners guide to drumming.
Beginners Guide To Drumming
The first tip we recommend is for beginner drummers to schedule regular practice sessions. Making time for your drum lessons and making sure you are focused and prepared. So how does one prepare??
We recommend purchasing a practice pad for you to have around the house or to take with you.